One Call Stories
Ms. M. called the One Call Club last winter when the temperature was dropping and there was snow and ice on the ground. She desperately needed someone to come and fix her heating system.
The One Call Club
One Call Club provides one-phone-call access to reliable, reasonably priced services to people of all ages who need easy access to services to maintain their homes and busy lives.
Become a Member Because
- You are too busy to research service providers.
- You are a senior and you want to remain in your home.
- You never know when you will need help.
- You make just one call. The One Call Club staff will arrange the services for you.
- You want assurance that reliable professionals are performing the services you need.
- You get discounted rates from many service providers.
- With One Call Club staff behind you, you greatly reduce the risk of being scammed.
- You want peace of mind. You get it with One Call.
Benefits of Membership
- Access to reliable, prescreened service providers
- Many service providers offer discounts
- Home safety recommendations
- Access to staff for nonmedical emergencies 24/7
Members pay an annual fee to join the program (there is a sliding scale for lower-income seniors). The fee covers the cost of staff arranging services, and members are still responsible for paying services they receive.
Examples of Services Offered
These are just a few examples of the kinds of services members ask for. Members can request any kind of service they need, and we will do our best to find providers of that service.
- Home Repairs & Maintenance: Plumbing, gutter-cleaning, insulation, housecleaning, appliance repair, yard work
- Health Related: Arranging transportation for medical appointments and prescription refills, arranging personal care services
- Home Safety Modifications: Grab bars, handrails, ramps
- Miscellaneous: Computer installation and services, pet-walking, errand services, bill-paying service, junk removal, and more
To Join or to request more information about One Call Club, contact the program at 865-595-3006 or www.knoxseniors.org/onecall. The phone will be answered by Senior Citizens Information and Referral Service.