NOTE: The 2017-2019 web edition is coming soon. It can also be downloaded as a PDF.
A service of the Knoxville-Knox County Office on Aging.
Photo of paper dolls holding hands

Important Numbers

Emergency (Voice and TTY) 911

Police, fire, and medical emergencies, city and county.
Administration: 215-1100

Nonemergency Dispatch Center 675-4000

For urgent issues that are not emergencies.

Police and Fire

Police Department, City of Knoxville

Nonemergency: 215-4010
TTY nonemergency: 215-4010
General Information: 215-7000

Sheriff’s Office, Knox County

Nonemergency: 215-2444
TTY nonemergency: 215-2444
General Information: 215-2243

Fire Department, City of Knoxville

Nonemergency: 215-4010
Business: 595-4480

Rural/Metro Fire Department

Serves only county residents, outside city limits.
Business/Billing/Membership: 560-0239
Billing address: 10140 Gallows Point Drive, 37931
Call for business, billing, or membership information. Nonmembers billed for service at higher rate.

Fire Department, Karns

Business: 691-1333
Membership: 691-1029
P.O. Box 7184, 37921
Serves Karns, Hardin Valley, Ball Camp, and Solway residents. Call for membership information; nonmembers billed for service at higher rate.

Medical Emergency

Rural/Metro Ambulance

Emergency: 911
Nonemergency: 546-9646
Business: 573-5779
If anyone in household has a disability or serious medical condition, call nonemergency number to have information recorded on computer for quick response in emergency.

Tennessee Poison Center: 1-800-222-1222

24-hour advice on emergency treatment. Poison and safety literature on request.

Knoxville Volunteer Emergency Rescue Squad

512 Chilhowee Drive, 37924
Emergency: 546-4821
Nonemergency: 546-4824
Medically trained emergency personnel.

Mental Health Crisis

Contact Care Line: 584-4424

Crisis help line. 8 a.m.-11 p.m., 365 days/year.
Hopeline: 1-800-784-2433
Suicide prevention line. 24 hours, 365 days/year.

Mobile Crisis Unit

A service of Helen Ross McNabb Center
Provides 24-hour mental health crisis response, assessment, triage, and access to care.

Family Violence/Sexual Assault

Family Crisis Center: 637-8000

24-hour crisis line for family violence.

Family Violence Help Line: 521-6336

24-hour hotline for family violence.

Sexual Assault Center of East TN: 522-7273

24-hour crisis line for sexual assault and abuse.

Serenity Shelter: 971-4673

24-hour crisis line for family violence.

Emergency Shelter for Seniors

Samaritan Place: 684-1880

A program of Catholic Charities of East TN, Inc.
3009 Lake Brook Boulevard, 37909
Temporary emergency housing for people age 55+.

Aging Information

Knoxville-Knox County Office on Aging (CAC): 524-2786

2247 Western Avenue, 37921 (street)
P.O. Box 51650, 37950-1650 (mailing)

Senior Citizens Information & Referral Service (CAC): 546-6262

Office on Aging
611 Winona Street, 37917
Answers questions about services and problems concerning older citizens of Knoxville and Knox County. Provides referrals to appropriate agencies.

General Information & Referral

2-1-1, East TN Information & Referral (CAC)

Touchtone phone: 211
Alternate phone: 1-866-588-4211
Information and referral service links callers to appropriate resources 24 hours, 365 days/year.

2247 Western Avenue
P.O. Box 51650
Knoxville, TN 37950
The Office on Aging is a service of the Knoxville-Knox County Action Committee